Interested in a Keynote or Workshop?
Here are a few details. Each keynote and workshop:
ranges from 90 minutes to 3 hours in length.
- is engaging and interactive.
- includes case studies from actual graduate students.
- incorporates career development information that is tailored to masters and doctoral level job seekers.
- provides additional resources to reinforce learning.
Participants are introduced to holistic strategies and tools for strategic goal-setting and planning so they can achieve their vision of success in graduate school and beyond.
- Prioritize responsibilities so that productivity is not sacrificed
- Understand the 7 Domains of Professional Development: Academic, Network, Leadership, Career, Funding, Personal, and Well-being
- Develop strategies to enjoy yourself while working toward your goals
*Companion Workshop to the Professional Pathways Planner*
Participants will discover how to build meaningful, robust relationships with a diverse network of mentors and how to draw on mentorship to achieve academic and career goals.
- Identify potential mentors from the university and beyond
- Confidently build meaningful relationships with career advocates
- Develop a professional presence
Participants are challenged to envision a personally fulfilling career path beyond the academy.
- Learn a 5-point strategy to develop a concrete action plan to find success and fulfillment
- Identify transferrable skills and transferrable experiences
- Understand how to build experience and professional connections while completing your studies
*Companion workshop to the Options for Success Program*
Academics have a tough time describing their academic skills and experiences in a way that’s relevant to people in other disciplines and to potential employers. This workshop helps students learn how to implement “Power Stories, a career narrative development technique that will help career changers and job seekers leverage their current accomplishments for expanded professional opportunities.
- Market transferrable skills to rebrand yourself beyond the academy
- Develop a clear career narrative to create your own “power story”
- Write a professional resume and cover letter
*Companion workshop to Be Bold book and the Options for Success Program*
Participants discover how to prepare for a successful first year in a professional career and learn the key differences between the professional environment and the academic environment.
- Learn planning, communication and identity building strategies
- Establish professional identity with confidence and authenticity
- Understand the importance of collaboration, leadership and network building for early career professional development